Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year.
- 1818 - Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, founder of Chicago
- 1582 (O.S.) - Taichang Emperor, of the Ming dynasty of China (d. 1620)
- 1982 - LeAnn Rimes, American singer (same year :P)
- 1955 - Black Mississippian Emmett Till is murdered, allegedly for whistling to a white woman and calling her baby. (i remember studying about this in class... it was so depressing).
- 1963 - During a 200,000-person civil rights rally in at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his famous I have a dream speech.
- 1981 - The National Centers for Disease Control announce a high incidence of Pneumocystis and Kaposi's sarcoma in gay men. Soon, these will be recognized as symptoms of an immune disorder, which will be called AIDS. (hi, AIDS was discovered exactly a year before i was born)